Saturday, March 17, 2007

My beloved Howie

Meet Howie. He passed away February 9, 2007. He was fourteen years old. He had had a rough year but he fought with the stubbornness only he was capable of. He would meet me at the door when I came home from work. He would wake me up in the morning if his breakfast was late by putting his nose to mine and letting his whiskers tickle my cheeks. If that didn't work he would gently pat my cheek with his paw. This photo fully captures his essence which I call, "Howieness". Also known as, "I don't want to have my photo taken thank you very much." But he was loving and lovable and sweet and wonderful when he wanted to be. He would fall asleep with me every night curled up in the crook of my arm. He would jump into my lap and knead my stomach whenever I sat down on the sofa. He was a great mouser. He loved marshmallows. He loved chicken. He loved steak. He loved playing in the stream of water coming out of the bathroom sink. And I miss him.

No comments: