Sunday, May 20, 2007

Les Misérables

Went to the revival of Les Misérables on Broadway last Tuesday. Even better than I remembered. I greatly enjoy the music. It's been running through my head ever since. Here are some brief excerpts - from the musical, not my head:

"At the end of the day you're another day older."
- At the End of the Day

"Who am I? 24601!"
- Who Am I?

"Charge 'em for the lice / Extra for the mice / Two percent for looking in the mirror twice!"
- Master of the House

"When the beating of your heart / Echoes the beating of the drums / There is a life about to start / When tomorrow comes!"
- Do You Hear the People Sing?

"In the rain the pavement shines like silver / All the lights are misty in the river / In the darkness the trees are full of starlight / And all I see is him and me forever and forever."
- On My Own

"Phantom faces at the window / Phantom shadows on the floor / Empty chairs at empty tables / Where my friends will meet no more."
- Empty Chairs at Empty Tables

No comments: